What You'll Get
Jump to: How to Properly Taste Wine
Send your taste buds on a scrumptious safari of international flavor without making them leave your tongue. Today’s Groupon offers you $50 admission to The Grand Tasting of International Wines and Food on Friday, November 13, at the Mile High Station. This $75 value gets you entrance to the final fete at the 2009 Denver International Wine Festival from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Wrapping up the annual oenophilic week, the Grand Tasting will feature more than 450 imported and domestic wines from all over the globe, including underground societies where no countries officially exist. You’ll sip quality selections selected by the editors of Wine Country International and sample gourmet morsels created by luxury food producers and area restaurants. The event will also feature the top prize-winning bottles from the Denver International Wine Competition and a silent auction.
The upcoming holidays present plenty of opportunities to get winey, and attendance will really help you refine your wine snout. Impress an uncle who owns a vineyard or an expensive bottle opener by tossing around fancy terminology you learned while eavesdropping on wine-buffs at the tasting, or buy eight Groupons and bond with seven cousins dressed like seven of the nine starters for the 1961 New York Yankees over a satisfying vintage.
Note: You must be 21+ to purchase this Groupon.
How to Properly Taste Wine
For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: Gary, Darryl, or Garryl.
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don’t swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, “Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant.” Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 14, 2009. Amount paid never expires. 8 per person purchase. Must redeem for ticket day of event. Valid only for event on 11/13. 21 or older with valid photo ID. Not valid for other offers, resale, or cash back. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.