After eight years of being turned down by major retailers and spending thousands of dollars on marketing for his new invention, the Orabrush tongue cleaner, 75-year-old Dr. Bob Wagstaff was desperate. He knew he had a great product and something that the public would find useful, but he could not find a major buyer for it. In a last-ditch effort, he challenged a market-research class at the Marriott School of Management at BYU to see if they could come up with a way to sell the tongue cleaner on the Internet.
The class got to work crunching numbers and distributing surveys, but came back claiming that 92% of the viable market would not purchase Orabrush from an online site. That's when Jeffrey Harmon, a student not on the project but one who was intrigued by Orabrush, suggested that they at least attempt to market the product to the remaining 8%—which could potentially equal millions of customers—and see what happened. In exchange for Dr. Bob's motorcycle and several pats on the back, Jeffrey agreed to find a way to make Dr. Bob's product available to the public.
That's where passionate ranter Austin Craig comes in. Austin worked with Jeffrey at Jeffrey's full-time job and loved to rant throughout the day about politics and the factual inaccuracies in Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella—things he was passionate about—to the delight of everyone who worked with him. When another coworker said he would pay money to watch Austin rant, Jeffrey got the idea to get Austin to do a promotional video ranting about bad breath. Austin agreed, and they filmed the low-budget production in a pool hall and posted it to YouTube.
Before they knew it, millions of viewers had seen the video, which of course attracted the attention of major retailers and distributors, vindicating the team's long hours of hard work and Dr. Bob's belief in his product. Now, everyone everywhere can reap the benefits of Dr. Bob's crafty tongue cleaner thanks to some optimistic thinking, creativity, and ingenuity.
With exams on software and digital literacy that result in globally recognized credentials, Certiport primes individuals to impress in almost any environment where they'll be using a computer. Their programs encompass applications from names such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and QuickBooks. Users first learn to navigate their chosen software with a variety of resources, including practice exams and learning content that are far more accessible than instructive radio plays. They can then take the official Certiport exam in person at one of 12,000 testing centers across the world. Certiport's packages are geared towards development in both the workforce and academia, assisting everyone from IT professionals to educators.
For tasty Mexican fare, Sandy's Azteca Systems is hard to top.
Low-fat foods are not on the menu at Azteca Systems, though, so plan to indulge a bit.
Take your vehicle to dinner
nearby parking is plentiful and will not pose a problem for drivers looking to dine.
Your tab at Azteca Systems will generally run you about $30 per person.
iQue Repair’s veteran technicians tend to various models of iPods, iPads, and iPhones with prompt, often same-day repairs and services. With an extensive knowledge of Apple products and a 90-day warranty on all parts and service, the team can perform a full array of services—from mending broken screens to overhauling stuck buttons—as well as prevent future breakdowns with cleanings and maintenance. As an extra safety precaution, patrons can register for a two-year unlimited-repair plan, or they can guard against drops and failed hacky-sack demonstrations with impact-cushioning cases. A mail-in program complements the shop’s typical walk-in structure, allowing out-of-towners to have broken electronics refurbished and returned via priority mail.
Humans in pain go to a doctor, dentist, or the grocery store's ice-cream aisle. Electronics go to Everything Wireless. The company's technology gurus can upgrade a computer, replace a screen, or repair water damage incurred while bobbing for Apple iPhones. Clients may also stop in to unlock a new phone or sell an outdated one.
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
We not only repair computers and smart phones we also repair game systems
Of the products you sell, which are your favorites?
Custom game systems and computers
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
To get people back up and gaming after their system breaks
What do you love most about your job?
I love repairing someones system and seeing their happiness when they pick it up