According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. Brush up on your baseball history with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$30 for a Cincinnati Reds book package, which includes three first-edition Cincinnati Reds books, each autographed by their respective authors (a $63.85 value). The package includes:
- The Wire-to-Wire Reds: Sweet Lou, Nasty Boys, and the Wild Run to a World Championship by John Erardi and Joe. Luckhaupt
- The Comeback Kids: Cincinnati Reds 2010 Championship Season by Mark Schmetzer and Joe Jacobs
- Before the Machine: The Story of the 1961 Pennant-Winning Reds by Mark Schmetzer
$10 for $20 worth of books and coffee
- The bookstore features a wide selection of books under $10, including "Finder" books for trees, birds, and other subjects, as well as other travel and outdoor-recreation guidebooks
- Coffee ranges from $2–$3.50 per cup
Roebling Point Bookstore
"Writing is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as the headlights, but you make the whole trip that way." This quote, from author E.L. Doctorow, is one of the many phrases, excerpts, and anecdotes Roebling Point Bookstore scrawls across its chalkboard, embedded snugly in the building's brick exterior. After absorbing the daily dose of chalk wisdom outside, the shop's visitors venture inside, where they find themselves surrounded by shelf upon shelf of equally perceptive words. Snacks, coffee, and tea keep fingers busy between page turns, and a community meeting space hosts groups that gather to discuss parts of their favorite books or tactics for turning their least-favorite books into fibrous breakfast shakes. Back outside, amid the historical ambiance of the Licking Riverside district, bike racks are available to those who prefer two-wheeled transport, which the bookstore awards with discounts.