A street festival can be a memorable place to see some live music, especially when the lead singer slowly emerges from a manhole. Get out there with this GrouponLive deal.
- Apex Jazz & Music Festival
- When: Saturday, September 20, at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Historic Downtown Apex
- General admission
- Door time: noon
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the lineup
- Beer and wine garden at the main-stage area is for ages 21 and up only; beer and wine will also be sold on the street to attendees over 21.
- $10 for admission for two (up to $20 value)
- $20 for admission for four (up to $40 value)
Apex Jazz & Music Festival
- Best analogy for the festival: A pub crawl. Admission grants you access to various music venues and downtown drinking establishments, including Anna's Pizza, The Beer Dispensary, La Rancherita, and Salem Street Pub. All area shops and restaurants will be open during the festival.
- Number of bands: over a dozen on eight indoor venues
- MikeMickXer: rock, blues, reggae, country, and soul from a dexterous trio with a lead singer capable of channeling Elvis, Bill Withers, Dwight Yoakam, and Bob Marley
- The Soul Psychedelique Orchestra: with horns, a string quartet, a full rhythm section, and a disc jockey to boot, this party act spans '40s big band swing as well as modern rock and R&B
- Heart Brigade: not only do they look like Ann and Nancy Wilson, but they sing and shred guitar like Ann and Nancy Wilson, most notably on Heart hits such as "Barracuda" and "Crazy For You"
- Peak City Sound: returning favorites of the fest, this 14-piece troupe of singers, guitarists, and horn players specialize in feel-good favorites ranging from Motown to Jimmy Buffett
- Non-musical ways to spend the day: quenching your thirst at the beer and wine garden by the main stage, seeing which food truck has the most edible tires, and visiting retail shops