Seeing music live is a great way to really feel the music, especially when you position yourself directly between the cymbals. Be at the center of it all with this GrouponLive deal.
- Miami World Music Festival
- When: September 19–22
- Where: FIU Wertheim Concert Hall
- Seating: General admission for individual shows; front seating in middle rows for preferred seating pass. The concert hall seats 600.
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to see performances and ticketing options.
- For jazz concertos performed by a platinum-selling French composer, Grammy-winning flautist, and acclaimed Cuban guitarist, see Claude Bolling Suites for Flute and Guitar on Thursday, September 19, at 8 p.m.
- For a blend of operatic and popular musical numbers from Cuba and Spain—supported by large-scale dance numbers and scenery—see Estampas de Zarzuela on Friday, September 20, at 8 p.m.
- For a women's drum and dance ensemble that performs choreography and percussion from Brazil, West Africa, the Middle East, and the Caribbean, see An African Roots Rhythmic Journey on Saturday, September 21, at 8 p.m.
- For an afternoon of intimate and poetic music from a Venezuelan singer-songwriter, see Luz Marina and Menage on Sunday, September 22, at 3 p.m.
- For sacred raga music performed by a guru-trained percussionist and a Western violinist, see An Evening of Indian Classical Music on Sunday, September 22, at 6 p.m.
Miami World Music Festival
Not even a space shuttle could orbit the planet of sound that is the Miami World Music Festival. Supported by Miami International Music Academy and the Miami-Dade Country DCA, the annual celebration of diversity summons acclaimed artists from across the globe, culling musicians from far-reaching locales such as Russia, Spain, Africa, and Germany. The sounds of these countries range from traditional chamber music to raga, drum ensembles, and more. The festival also showcases an international parade, which integrates local talent and a marching band that only plays for 30 seconds before turning into a drum circle.
FIU Wertheim Concert Hall
11200 SW 8th Street - PCA 274
Miami, Florida 33199