Without dance, people could only hum along to "Macarena," and Jane Austen characters would be forced to say what was really on their minds. Let movements speak with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for one ticket to see Tango Fire in Flames of Desire (up to a $38 value)
- When: Tuesday, October 22 at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Seating: mid-orchestra, mid-balcony, upper balcony, or gallery
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the orchestra and balcony seating charts.
When Argentine choreographer German Cornejo stages shows celebrating the passionate steps of tango, he starts at the most logical place: with the dancers. The five couples that make up the Tango Fire company move with their own individual rhythms and impulses, with each pair choreographing their own sultry solos. Cornejo then works with them to refine the steps and create a cohesive act. The result? An electrifying, physical journey following tango's rise from its origins in the dance halls of Buenos Aires to its current place in popular culture. Supported by a live band, as well as a talented young singer and some talented young shoes, the performers spin, dip, kick, and embrace their way through the history of one of the world's most iconic dances.