Louis Armstrong once said, “If you have to ask what jazz is, you’ll never know,” which is why teachers of jazz appreciation automatically flunk all students who raise their hands in class. Celebrate a simpler grading system with this GrouponLive deal.
- Jazz concert with drinks for one, two, or four
- When: any show until December 21, excluding special events and anything with a ticket price of more than $20
- Where: Twins Jazz
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $13 for one ticket and one drink (up to $24 value)
- $25 for two tickets and two drinks (up to $48 value)
- $45 for four tickets and four drinks (up to $96 value)
- Click to view the calendar
Each audience member receives one glass of house wine, beer, or a well drink. Each person must make a $10 minimum food or drink purchase; the drinks included in this Groupon do not count toward that minimum.
Upcoming Shows at Twins Jazz
- Danielle Wertz Quartet (July 9 and 16): By the time she was 13, she was vocalist for the Annandale Jazz Ambassadors. Now 19, she heads up her own quartet, lending her pipes to both classic and contemporary jazz songs. At 21, she’ll probably write a scat-to-English dictionary.
- Max Light Trio (July 15, 22, and 29): this young guitarist recently performed as a finalist at the Next Generation Jazz Festival, and has studied under jazz virtuosos Brad Shepik, Frank Carlberg, and Cecil McBee
- Larry Brown Quintet (November 21 and 22): A veteran pianist, Brown has dazzled fans at the St. Louis Jazz Festival, Lima Jazz Festival, and while playing alongside Lew Soloff and Yashi. For journalistic proof of his talent, turn to the Washington Post, who declared that he “evokes the master touch.”
In 1986, the Twins Lounge opened as an Ethiopian restaurant in a 50-seat space that once played host to jazz and blues shows. But the musicians clamored for music to fill the crimson and mosaic-tiled walls once more—and eventually, the owners gave in. The lounge has since moved, but it remains true to its roots with a mix of classic American jazz and global flavor. Twins Lounge still offers international food in its 60- to 100-seat dining room.
87% of 45 customers recommend
“Great vibe,great ethnic food, Great live music!!”
“I love Twin Jazz is the best place to go to hear good old time jazz my familys and friends go all the the. you have to try the salmon, crab cake and red snapper and...”
“I love Twin Jazz is the best place to go to hear good old time jazz my familys and friends go all the the. you have to try the salmon, crab cake and red snapper and the chicken all is delicious. ”
“Had a wonderful time. The show was excellent”
1344 U St. NW
Washington, DC 20009