Musical theater combines two of the most fun activities in the world: singing and lying. Make believe with this GrouponLive deal.
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt
- When: Sunday, March 9, at 4 p.m.
- Where: Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $29 for one adult ticket (for ages 14+) and one child ticket (for ages 2–13) (up to $53.95 value)
- $39 for four tickets (up to $67.70 value). This option is valid for one adult and three children, or two adults and two children.
We're Going on a Bear Hunt
When a brave family embarks on a quest in search of a bear, the obstacles are plenty. They must trek through tall grass that is "swishy swashy," make it across a cold river that goes "splash splosh," and brave a snowstorm that goes "hoooo woooo!" And to get through the big dark forest, there's no other way but to "stumble trip! stumble trip! stumble trip!"
Based on Michael Rosen's award-winning picture book, director Sally Cookson's adaptation of We're Going on a Bear Hunt brings the story's illustrations and whimsical wordplay to life. Set to a jaunty score by Benji Bower, with bouncy lyrics that some kids might already know, this production sticks to the story's travelogue of a bear quest through elements that are messy, noisy, and rhythmically balanced. But it throws in plenty of surprises too, including scenes where the audience gets to participate in the hunt, if they can handle swampy mud that goes "squelch squerch!"
Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Music Hall Center dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.