Benjamin Franklin loved beer, as evidenced by his numerous quotes about the subject and his nickname, Beer O'Clock Benny. Follow in his footsteps with this Groupon.
- $29 for two tickets to the Hamburger & Hops Music Festival, two pint glasses, and two 12-oz. beers (up to $48 value)
- When: Saturday, May 3 from 11 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Where: The Collection at Riverpark
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Children under 12 are admitted free.
Hamburger & Hops Music Festival
- The hamburgers: "anything delicious you can put between two buns," including gourmet sliders and fusion burgers
- The hops: flavoring brews from Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Island Brewing Company, Anacapa Brewing Company, Surf Brewery, and Burts Honey Wheat Beer
- Other hops: the excited little jumps people do when the music starts
- The music: courtesy of vocalist Sayed Sabrina and other to-be-announced acts
- Where you've seen Sayed Sabrina: opening for B.B. King and Leon Russell
- Her sound: a fusion of jazz, blues, and rock that evokes Etta James and Janis Joplin
- Check out: her rollicking take on Bill Withers' "Use Me," from 2013's Life
- Work up an appetite by: playing a spirited game of bocce ball, dancing to the live music playing throughout the festival, or attempting to do both at once
California Blues and BBQ Festival
Some of the best competitors around don't wear football helmets or running shoes. Instead, they don chef aprons and barbecue brushes, which they use to marinate chicken, brisket, and pork. There are many elements to this delicate craft: appearance, taste, and texture just to name a delicious few. Those are just some of the criteria considered by the judges at California Blues and BBQ Festival, which features a barbecue cook-off competition open to the general public. Other attendees can simply purchase food to sample the food. All of this makes a great compliment to live entertainment from some of the best blues musicians around, whose electric guitars are powered entirely by barbecue sauce.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Go early, & wear comfy shoes. Be prepared to spend $$ & wait in lines. I had a great time w/ good company. Have a DD or get dropped off & picked up. ”
“It is good for a couple of hours and if you never been there before. Long lines for the food and can be price ”
“More food vendors line for food was long, and more water available for Portapotty, no water to wash your hands later on during event”
The Collection at Riverpark Park View Court
Oxnard , California 93001