Breathing underwater, like eating fireworks, constructing a monument, and getting married, should only be attempted if you're confident you can do it. Grab all the skills you need to mingle with the mermaids with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
$269 for an SSI open-water certification package (a $589.99 total value).
- 6–8 hours of classroom instruction and 6–8 hours of pool instruction (a $475 value)
- Course book, DVD, and logbook (a $114.99 value)
- Four New England open-water dives
$199 for an SSI open-water referral program (a $414.95 total value)
- 6–8 hours of classroom instruction and 6–8 hours of pool instruction (a $300 value)
- Course book, DVD, and logbook (a $114.95 value)
$129 for one of 10 SSI recreational/specialty diving courses (up to a $274.99 total value)
- Choose from deep diver, digital underwater photography, dry-suit diver, night and limited-visibility diver, perfect buoyancy, search-and-recovery diver, underwater navigator, wreck diver, stress and rescue and boat diver.
- Varying sessions of classroom and open-water instruction (up to a $225 value)
- Course book and DVD (a $49.99 value)
Class fees for the SSI open-water certification and the referral program include some necessary sundries, such as a BCD, tank, and regulator; though masks, fins, snorkels, and boots may be rented for an additional $40. The same equipment can be rented for open-water dives for certification for $40. For the certification program, this also covers equipment use during all four open-water dives.
Referral-program followers receive paperwork that qualifies them to partake in future open-water dives through another facility, while students who choose the diving courses option must be open-water certified before taking each class and provide their own complete scuba equipment, including masks, fins, tanks, regulators, and logbooks, most of which are also available for rental. Boat dives for each course—up to an additional $85—are also not included in this Groupon.
Through open-water certifications and more specialized SSI scuba-diving courses at Northeast Scuba, aquatic wanderers of all experience levels explore New England waters and marine life. Their certified instructors often begin with introductory courses to immerse newcomers in the sport and give them the skills to nap in the bathtub. Specialty courses, such as wreck diving, night diving, and underwater photography, further immerse certified students in local underwater worlds. For those interested in teaching, the school also provides instructor training to SSI, TDI, and Shamu standards.
In addition to regular classes, dive instructors also organize group diving trips to local sites and far-flung waters, where on-staff underwater photographers document dives. Dive-shop staff members also rent or sell the requisite equipment for a range of underwater excursions from manufacturers such as DUI, Henderson, Akona, and Fourth Element and also repair and maintain components.
120 Chelmsford St.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts 01824