Going out to a restaurant always feels like a special treat, especially if the chef lets you pick a meat thermometer out of the toy chest. Reward yourself with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $59 for $100 worth of steak and seafood dinner cuisine for two
- $119 for $200 worth of steak and seafood dinner cuisine for four
- See the dinner menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select "Buy & Book" to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit "My Groupons" or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Not quite a steak house. Not quite a lounge. Not quite a seafood restaurant. The Gryphon, which considers itself a social house, borrows from various concepts to create a unique dining experience. From the presentation to the ambiance, virtually every aspect of The Gryphon is intended to turn meals into spirited evenings as guests pass dishes around the table, trade sips of cocktails, and enjoy time together.
Menu at a Glance
- The steaks: The selection includes cuts of rib eye and sirloin that spend 28 days dry aging in-house before they ever see a grill or broiler.
- The raw bar: Oysters on the half shell, middle-neck clams, and lobster can all be found sitting on ice.
- The shareable plates: Servings of caramelized cauliflower with romesco sauce or short ribs with pineapple-mustard glaze arrive presliced to facilitate sharing.
A Peek Inside
Dark wooden walls, plush leather sofas, and low-backed banquettes all contribute to The Gryphon's somewhat stately atmosphere. A large, inviting bar and chandeliers made from antlers complement the space's rich, earth-toned aesthetic while lending it a casual vibe. During the warmer months, sidewalk seating is available for diners hoping to simultaneously share a meal and continue photosynthesizing.
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Awesome food and even more awesome service. ”
“Was wonderful! Order the filet mignon ”
1337 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20036