A great way to prepare for a new dining experience is to look up the menu beforehand or poll exiting diners. Find a new favorite with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $75 for $100 worth of Italian cuisine
- See the menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select "Buy & Book" to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal.
- Visit "My Groupons" or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
- Select day and time online to secure reservation.
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Tradition trumps the passage of time at Vito Restaurant, which remains unfailingly committed to timeless Italian recipes and the ambiance of an elegant, bygone era. Tuxedo-clad servers navigate their way through a dining room decorated with ornate ceramic vases and oil paintings in gilded frames, taking orders and suggesting the ideal wines to accompany diners' meals. This sort of vintage charm is difficult to fake. Vito Restaurant earned it by staying true to the same ideals for more than 30 years.
- 1964 : Vito Somma graduates from culinary school in Naples, Italy, which happens to be the hometown of Roberto and Giovanna Somma.
- 1967 : After cooking in kitchens throughout northern and southern Italy, Vito leaves the country to study other European cuisines.
- 1972 : Vito, Roberto, and Giovanna decide to move to the United States with the intent of opening a restaurant together.
- 1975 : The trio's westward travels end when it reaches Los Angeles.
- 1980 : Vito Restaurant opens its doors for the first time, allowing the group to share its passion for Old-World cooking with the New World.
What to Order?
- Dinner and a Show : traditional caesar salad tossed tableside
- Vegetarian : homemade linguine with a traditional pesto sauce made with fresh basil, garlic, olive oil and pine nuts
- Craving Heat : penne pasta in zesty tomato sauce with spicy chili peppers
- Craving Actual Fire : sautéed veal slices mixed with chopped prosciutto, mushrooms, and peas, glazed with brandy, then ignited
- Mistrustful of Fire Altogether : beef carpaccio with capers and olive oil
2807 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, California 90405