From Our Editors
In Focus: Raven Used Books
- Neighborhood: Harvard Square
- Number of books: about 15,000 at any given time
- Subject-area specialties: philosophy, history, political theory, anthropology, religion, literature
- The owner: John C. Petrovato, who’s been selling books for more than 20 years
- Best reason to shop here: most books sell for 50%–80% off their cover price
- Fun fact: A set-design crew bought the store’s entire stock of physics books to use in the 2016 Ghostbusters movie.