About this Business
- HoursSun10:00 AM - 5:00 PMMon-WedClosedThu3:00 PM - 8:00 PMFri12:00 PM - 7:00 PMSat10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
From Our Editors
Five Things to Know About Wizard World
There’s only one convention in Chicago that draws the biggest names in comics and TV (along with massive crowds of their adoring fans): Wizard World Chicago. Founded in 1972 and acquired by the comics experts at Wizard Entertainment in 1997, the convention has been the best place for generations of fans to run into their favorite childhood character or movie star or swap theories and speculation with other fans. Read on to learn more about the thrilling events that bring visitors back every year:
- The special guests are the biggest draw. In the past, the convention has played host to everyone from 10th Doctor David Tennant to Star Trek’s William Shatner.
- You may see Batman walking around the convention floor. Cosplaying is king at conventions, and Wizard World gets as many Jokers, Chewbaccas, and Transformers as it can handle.
- Be ready to fill up nerd-approved merchandise at the countless vendor booths. That includes everything from hard-to-find vintage memorabilia to new merchandise inspired by characters from Star Wars, The Avengers, The Simpsons, and more.
- You can see live art in action. The convention's artist’s alley brings together well-known comic artists, who sell their work, hand out signatures, and create original art while fans look on.
- Networking opportunities abound. Amateur creators look for new partnerships throughout the convention, while workshops share advice on everything from self publishing to character development.