- $25 for one arena ticket (up to $37 value)
- $40 for one ringside ticket (up to $57 value)
- Palmdale (October 19–23)
- Santa Clarita (October 26–30)
Circus Vargas presents Steam Cirque
- The show: a Jules Verne-inspired steampunk circus populated by a cast of wacky characters
- The acts: Aerialists perform daring acrobatics, contortionists twirl on hanging ribbons, and clowns cavort around the ring, inviting audience members to join in on the fun.
- The extras: Guests can arrive early for a pre-show meet-and-greet with the performers.
The first thing people notice about Circus Vargas is its big-top tent. Hand-fashioned in Milan from 90,000 square feet of cerulean-blue and sunshine-yellow fabric, the canopy, along with spotlights and saw-dust-covered floors, completed the illusion of an elegant lost era when used in the 2011 film Water for Elephants. The last thing people notice is the absence of animals. They're too busy gaping at a man balancing a 12-step ladder with his mouth.
Keeping its marvels strictly human, Circus Vargas builds on a 40-year history by blending classic feats of fearlessness with surprising new tricks. The show features magic tricks along with a skilled hand balancer, a speed juggler, and the wheel of destiny.