Chefs’ ovens burn much hotter than conventional ovens, allowing them to quickly roast meats and melt glacier chunks into gourmet ice water. Enjoy professional cooking with today’s Groupon to Boca Restaurant & Bar in Waltham. Choose between the following options:
- For $20, you get a Costa Rican meal for two (up to a $40.47 total value). The meal includes:
- A choice of one appetizer (up to an $8.99 value)
- A surtido platter for two (a $21.99 value)
- A choice of one side (up to a $3.99 value)
A choice of one dessert, not including the dessert sampler (up to a $5.50 value)<p>
- For $30, you get a Costa Rican meal for four (up to an $65.95 total value). The meal includes:
- A choice of two appetizers (up to an $8.99 value each)
- A surtido platter for four (a $28.99 value)
- A choice of two sides (up to a $3.99 value each)
- A choice of two desserts, not including the dessert sampler (up to a $5.50 value each)<p>
At Boca Restaurant & Bar, bamboo stalks and tropical color schemes whisk away the winter blues as talented chefs coddle taste buds with a menu of Costa Rican classics. To warm up for the main course, diners perform tongue pull-ups and palate calisthenics with appetizers of homemade salsa and empanadas. Forks then embark on expeditions to retrieve the beef and chicken fajitas, chicharron, and breaded tilapia that occupy plate real estate on the surtido sampler platter. Couples and foursomes also divvy up the platter’s wealth of ripe plantains, yucca, fried cheese, and other Central American favorites. Rather than throwing plates into the air, diners can celebrate dinnertime satisfaction with sweet servings of hot rice pudding or caramel flan for dessert. The island-inspired eatery comes to life with live entertainment during College Night on Wednesdays, where ears warm up to tunes played by a DJ.
11 Pine St.
Waltham, Massachusetts 02453