Without goals, no one would unicycle the Appalachian Trail or train a flock of carrier pigeons to deliver meat pies to unsuspecting haberdashers. Today's Groupon to helps you achieve myriad goals with a fitness trainer's expertise in a motivating group setting: for $45, you get six boot-camp sessions from one of two area Adventure Boot Camp programs:
- Women's-only sessions at Doylestown Adventure Boot Camp at the Doylestown and Montgomeryville locations or from November through March at the Lahaska location (a $124.50 value).
- All-gender or women's-only sessions at Great Valley Adventure Boot Camp in Chester Springs, West Chester, and Phoenixville (a $105 value).
Unlike the competitive environment of a testosterone-stuffed gym or mixed-martial hopscotch tournament, boot camp encourages all ages, skill levels, and abilities to motivate each other in a comfortable group setting. The certified trainers at Doylestown and Great Valley constantly challenge participants to achieve higher levels of fitness. Classes take you through different workout routines each day, with a variable variety of body-blasting, calorie-pulverizing exercises, including jogging, strength training, core conditioning, yoga, Pilates, and obstacle courses. You'll shed inches, pounds, and existential funk. Classes run five days a week starting at 5:30 a.m. at the Doylestown and Montgomeryville locations, with Doylestown also offering 9 a.m. sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. From November to March, winter sessions take place in Lahaska at Buckingham Friends School. Great Valley Boot Camp offers a similar booty-busting program with both co-ed and women's-only classes offered most mornings.
Adventure Boot Camp recommends that you bring running shoes, five- or eight-pound hand weights, any type of exercise mat, three LP copies of Bob Geldof's The Vegetarians of Love, and a water bottle to each session. You must register online to redeem your Groupon, fill out a medical form, and pick your camp.
- I look forward coming [sic] to Boot Camp. I feel stronger and more motivated. I enjoy the camaraderie of all the women in the class. They are motivational and inspirational to me. – Roe R., Great Valley boot camp
- These sessions have made a real difference compared to any other (program) that I have participated in. – Brenda T., Doylestown boot camp
- The program is rigorous & very rewarding. There is never a repeat of the same workout. The instructors are proactive & supportive. – TMS1510, CityVoter