What You'll Get
Without goals, no one would unicycle the Appalachian Trail or train a flock of carrier pigeons to deliver meat pies to unsuspecting haberdashers. Today's Groupon to helps you achieve myriad goals with a fitness trainer's expertise in a motivating group setting: for $45, you get six boot-camp sessions from one of two area Adventure Boot Camp programs:
- Women's-only sessions at Doylestown Adventure Boot Camp at the Doylestown and Montgomeryville locations or from November through March at the Lahaska location (a $124.50 value).
- All-gender or women's-only sessions at Great Valley Adventure Boot Camp in Chester Springs, West Chester, and Phoenixville (a $105 value).
Unlike the competitive environment of a testosterone-stuffed gym or mixed-martial hopscotch tournament, boot camp encourages all ages, skill levels, and abilities to motivate each other in a comfortable group setting. The certified trainers at Doylestown and Great Valley constantly challenge participants to achieve higher levels of fitness. Classes take you through different workout routines each day, with a variable variety of body-blasting, calorie-pulverizing exercises, including jogging, strength training, core conditioning, yoga, Pilates, and obstacle courses. You'll shed inches, pounds, and existential funk. Classes run five days a week starting at 5:30 a.m. at the Doylestown and Montgomeryville locations, with Doylestown also offering 9 a.m. sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. From November to March, winter sessions take place in Lahaska at Buckingham Friends School. Great Valley Boot Camp offers a similar booty-busting program with both co-ed and women's-only classes offered most mornings.
Adventure Boot Camp recommends that you bring running shoes, five- or eight-pound hand weights, any type of exercise mat, three LP copies of Bob Geldof's The Vegetarians of Love, and a water bottle to each session. You must register online to redeem your Groupon, fill out a medical form, and pick your camp.
- I look forward coming [sic] to Boot Camp. I feel stronger and more motivated. I enjoy the camaraderie of all the women in the class. They are motivational and inspirational to me. – Roe R., Great Valley boot camp
- These sessions have made a real difference compared to any other (program) that I have participated in. – Brenda T., Doylestown boot camp
- The program is rigorous & very rewarding. There is never a repeat of the same workout. The instructors are proactive & supportive. – TMS1510, CityVoter
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 22, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Online registration required. Must sign waiver. Must complete medical form. Valid for option purchased only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.