Today’s Groupon turns bed attire into normal-human attire. For $50, you’ll get $100 worth of fine Egyptian cotton shirts and trousers from Café Coton, a luxury men’s retailer that just opened its third US boutique in University Park. Update your wardrobe with well-made classics, or encourage your boyfriend to step up his sartorial game.
The established French brand offers simple, high-quality solutions to the daily dilemma of what to wear. Getting out of bed will become more bearable when you know you’re going to adorn yourself in fabrics softer than Teri Hatcher's sheets. Café Coton’s six collections of the ubiquitous button-down are like the six dwarves of shirts: there’s Sporty (Dente), Fitted (Tendance), Contemporary (Club), Couture (Couture), Refined (Selection), and Signature (Exclusive). Prices range from $85 for a polo to $140 for a 120-thread-count Selection shirt.
Like pizza crust and homemade fireworks, shirts are better when combined with additional ingredients. Café Coton also sells delicious pants ($95); tasty, hand-assembled ties ($80); and a selection of knitwear and accessories.
- High quality shirts with great colors and patterns. – crazylegs1868, Citysearch
- Maybe best of all, they're made with a buttery-soft 100 percent Egyptian cotton, so she'll enjoy touching them. – UrbanDaddy
- I love the fact that the products are classic with a twist. I can wear them for work and play. Their shirts have a great fit (not too baggy, not too tight) and I finally found that extra length I need for my arms. – richardoneil, Citysearch
The Wrongest of Trousers
The comfortable and versatile garments of Café Coton are made of some of the softest, finest material you can get away with outside of a joining a meteor cult. But some competitors on the cutting edge of experimental textiles are going too far in their pursuit of ultimate softness. What are some of the forbidden materials used to make their unholy dream-pants?
- Strawberry icing
- Soggy toilet paper
- Generously donated afro of Pistons power-forward Ben Wallace
- That really fine peach-fuzz that grows on new babies
- Actual clouds from heaven
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.