Choose from Six Options
- $20 for five martial-arts classes and a T-shirt ($324 value)
- $30 for eight martial-arts classes plus uniform, end-of-course test, and graduation belt ($533 value)
- $20 for five kickboxing classes and a T-shirt ($324 value)
- $30 for eight kickboxing classes plus boxing gloves, end-of-course test, and graduation belt ($533 value)
- $20 for five krav maga classes and a T-shirt ($324 value)
- $30 for eight krav maga classes plus fingerless gloves, end-of-course test, and graduation belt ($533 value)
Changing Lives Martial Arts
While serving oversees in the US military, Tracy Lee Thomas would often dream of opening his own martial-arts training studio. He had been training in martial arts since he was 13 years old, mastering the form and self-defense techniques of a variety of styles and eventually earning his seventh-degree black belt. He was able to realize this dream once he returned to American soil, where he opened up his own studio: Changing Lives Martial Arts.
Today, the official American Taekwondo Association master pulls from his years of expertise to lead karate, tae kwon do, and krav maga classes to students of all ages. Tracy and his team of expert instructors teach self-defense tactics and guide students through dynamic punches and kicks while emphasizing the importance of life skills such as self-discipline and focus. The instructors also take a load off moms and dads by hosting kids’ birthday parties, where martial arts–inspired games provide a fun alternative to messy piñatas and games of pin-the-tale-on-the-grownup. His dedication to his students and martial arts has also gained the attention of the Virginian-Pilot, which has awarded him the Best of Hampton Roads award seven times from 2005 to 2012.