Stress can withstand tickle fights and cuddles from kittens, but it cannot resist a good soak and sweat. Today’s Groupon for an hour-long soak and sauna for two (a $28 value) plus towel rental (a $2 value) at Common Ground Wellness Center will help rid you of tension and strain. For $15, fit your worries in a plush towel and wish them a fond farewell.
A trip to the relaxing space at Common Ground Wellness Center will remind you that peaceful places still exist in a world full of holiday stresses, burnt raspberry cookies, and cloverfields. In the company of a loved one or a dependable soaking buddy, offer your muscles bubbly tranquility by taking a dip in the large outdoor hot tub with muscle-loving therapy jets. Then, head to the beautiful dry-cedar sauna where heat will sweat out all your toxins, relieve joint pains, and help blood flow.
Harkening back to old days when society had fewer rules and less stringent manners, Common Ground is a co-ed and swimwear-optional spa that encourages physical and spiritual freedom. The relaxation oasis maintains community, women-only, and men-only hours for complete comfort. Enter your garden of paradise under your own rules of coziness and see the wonders an hour's worth of soaking and effervescing can do for your spirit’s clarity.
Remember to call in advance to schedule your relaxation appointment. Each duo may use up to three Groupons.
- Common Ground Wellness Center in NE Portland is as close to nirvana as one can find in Portland. I have been to the new facility four times and it gets better each time. The staff is friendly, the service excellent, the place is spotless, the showers (four) are refreshing, the sauna and the hot tubs are set at the perfect temperatures for optimal comfort. – DanielJ1, Citysearch
- The atmosphere is serene and fellow visitors are usually friendly and polite. Do not worry about how you look, you will be accepted just the way you are. – kenkx, Citysearch
- This is by far one of the nicest and cleanest spas I've ever been too. – Carla R., Yelp
Our Common Ground in the Fertile Crescent
Every society has common roots in the Fertile Crescent, the cradle of civilization in which society first bloomed. What made the Fertile Crescent such a perfect location for cultures to grow?
- Fertile soil allowed the perfection of farming techniques, such as planting seeds and using dinosaurs to work the fields.
- Flora and fauna diversity allowed hunter-gatherer societies to replace less effective Hoping Winter Never Comes societies.
- Numerous rivers were filled with numerous magic swords and numerous destiny-foretelling nymphs.
- Geographical diversity allowed the region to include mountains, deserts, and several teen centers that were constantly threatened by land developers and sandstorms.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Common Ground Wellness Cooperative
Common Ground Wellness Cooperative, a clothing-optional wellness center located in Portland's Alberta Arts neighborhood, provides a full spectrum of healing opportunities for mind and body with their bath house, sauna, and wellness practitioners. The bath house features a large, outdoor, hot soaking pool with therapy jets and a dry cedar sauna, and offers a tranquil, accepting, safe space to relax and rejuvenate the spirit. They offer men-only and women-only hours during the week, plus a monthly trans and gender-queer night.
The Center also has practitioners with diverse experience, whether you’re looking for Shiatsu, Swedish massage, cranio-sacral, myofascial release, structural integration, deep tissue, energy work, hot stone massage, thai massage, sports massage, lomi lomi, or acupuncture.
5010 Ne 33rd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97211Get Directions