Sporting clay shooting, like playing tennis in stilettos, requires quick reflexes, demands excellent aim, and destroys a lot of clay. Pulverize pottery with today’s Groupon: For $55, you get a clay-shooting package at Desert Hills Shooting Club in South Boulder City (a $125.36 total value). The package includes:
- Shotgun rental (a $25 value). Subject to availability.
- Golf-cart rental (a $20 value)
- 100 rounds of ammunition (a $30.36 value)
- 100 clay targets (a $46 value)
- Eye and ear protection (a $4 value)<p>
The sporting clay savants at Desert Hills Shooting Club welcome gunslingers of all skill levels to their 21-station course nestled among sunburnt, rolling hills. When clay-shooters arrive, they select their arms from an array of 12-, 20-, and 28-gauge shotguns before stockpiling 100 rounds of ammunition and protective gear to shield eyes from errant rounds and ears from the taunting insults of the 100 clay targets. With supplies in tow, guests head out into the desert landscape in their golf carts to set up at multiple stations spread across the 160-acre campus.
Shooters hunt the skyward clay discs while overlooking the Eldorado Valley’s desert landscape and rolling hills. Afterward, exhausted sharpshooters can traipse triumphantly back to the 5,000-square-foot climate-controlled clubhouse, brimming with amenities, such as a fully stocked bar, a lounge with leather chairs, a pro shop, and big-screen televisions. Though not included in this Groupon, Desert Hills rents out fully automatic 50-caliber machine guns, perfect for unloading uninterrupted rounds into the firing range, or keeping time to kazoo renditions of “The Flight of the Valkyries.”
Pro Gun Club
- Two dedicated pistol ranges with bays accommodating 6–20 people
- Rifle range with targets placed up the hillside
- Five utility bays for both pistols and rifles
- Sporting clays, trap, skeet, and five-stand
- More than 35 firearms, dating from World War II to present day
- Pistols such as a Beretta M9
- Shotguns such as a Remington 870
- Machine guns such as an M249 SAW
- Other weaponry including an M203 grenade launcher
At a Glance
Shots ring out over Eldorado Valley, filling the air with the distinctive crack of rifle fire. Within the foothills of the McCullough Mountains, visitors of all abilities refine their aim under the watchful eyes of the staff at Pro Gun Club. Spanning 160 acres of rolling terrain, the shooting grounds cover areas for firearms practice, shotgun sports, and even the chance to blow up a vehicle. There’s also a dedicated space for archery and opportunities for airsoft games. Between shooting sessions on the field, visitors can head to the clubhouse, which brims with amenities such as a fully stocked bar and flatscreen televisions.