Burrow into layers of thinly sliced beef and get doused in a warm bath of cheesy deliciousity. Today's Groupon gets you $25 worth of sandwiches by the inch and garlicy fries at Gaglione Brothers: Famous Steaks and Subs, peddlers of phine Philly cheesesteaks and subs, for $10. Brothers Joe, Andy, and Tony plugged the hole in San Diego's sandwich scene with an 18-inch hoagie, some cement, and a lot of determination.
The Brothers' menu is loaded. Try the steak-and-onion sandwich, which comes in three sizes: 8-inch for $5.75, 12-inch for $7.95, or a massive 18-inch for $11.50. Specialty cheesesteaks—Cheez Whiz, mushroom, baja (with jalapenos), and peppersteak—go for $6.95 for the eight-inch, $9.45 for the 12, or $13.75 for the foot n' a half. Dive into the Turk sandwich, with in-house roasted turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce ($6.55, $8.95, or $12.95). If you're not in the mood for meatacular mountains, try the veggie sandwich with provolone, avocado, mushrooms, pepperoncinis, and all the fixings ($5.75, $7.95, or $11.25). No cheesesteak is complete without garlic fries with olive oil and parsley ($2.95), or douse them in grilled onions, steak, and Cheez Whiz by getting the cheesesteak fries ($5.95).
This deal is good for take-out or dine-in at the Gaglione Brothers Pt. Loma Boulevard location. Head over to the neighborhoody deli for an east coast treat the length of a shoe, forearm, or dachshund.
- This has gotta be one of the best cheesesteaks I've had in a long time...or ever for that matter! Now I see what all the hype's about. – Em B., Yelp
- They cook their own turkey and even chop up fresh bacon like bacon bits to add to the club. I had it last night and it was so good I found myself eating it slowly to savor it. – Kali_Guru, Kudzu
- The guys that run this place are the coolest dudes, and it helps that the food is great! It's a great relaxed environment to enjoy a sandwhich [sic] on a Saturday afternoon. – marco_bri, Kudzu
Businesses that Fell Short of Hype
One Yelper says of the Gaglione Brothers: “Now I see what all the hype’s about.” That’s an impressive feat considering how rare it is for a business to live up to the hype. Here are some businesses that failed to match the ballyhoo:
- Rad Randy McCool’s Laser Tag and Dream-Come-True-ery
- Paul Liefield, Certified Public Accountant and Licensed Best Friend
- Be Better Looking! The Printer and Toner Outlet
- Dr. Ted Everythingsfine MRI Clinic
- The Hamburger Stand The Girl You Like Is At
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Point Loma Heights
3944 W Point Loma Blvd
San Diego, California 92110Get Directions