What You'll Get
- One ticket to your choice of performances at the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival
- Where: Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $10 to see Educated Gangster 101 on Thursday, October 9, at 9 p.m. (up to $20 value)
- $8 to see I Want My Vagina Back! on Saturday, October 11, at 1 p.m. (up to $15 value)
- $12 to see Fool in Love: A Musical Night in the Life of Frankie Lymon on Sunday, October 12, at 5 p.m. (up to $24.50 value)
- $15 to see The Dutchman on Sunday, October 12, at 7 p.m. (up to $29.50 value)
Atlanta Black Theatre Festival 2014
- Educated Gangster 101: Acclaimed spoken-word artists Tommy Bottoms, Tamika “Georgia Me” Harper, and Malik Salaam join fellow performers for a poignant and sharply funny examination of black culture through the years.
- I Want My Vagina Back!: Based on the book of the same name by Dr. Pamela Love, this staged reading features an all-female cast of Atlanta TV and film stars and journalists sharing empowering stories about women reclaiming their sexuality. This performance is intended for mature, and female, audiences only.
- The Dutchman: Amiri Baraka’s one-act play, which studies the confrontation between a white woman and a black man in a New York subway, won the 1964 Obie Award, and this special 50th anniversary production is directed by Baraka’s close friend Woodie King, Jr.
Atlanta Black Theatre Festival
40 plays in 4 days. For theater lovers, that’s like packing a year’s worth of culture into an extended weekend. But for the curators of the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival, it seems like barely enough time to tell all of the stories that need to be told. In its mission to celebrate and preserve the black experience, the festival seeks out bold works that blend traditional and experimental theater, all in the hopes of entertaining audiences and inspiring future generations of performers. With a diverse lineup of artists drawn from across the states, around the globe, and around the corner, each day of the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival appeals to a range of tastes with re-imagined classics and fresh productions.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Atlanta Black Theatre Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.