Although adventurers dream of running away with the circus, most people just hope to get picked up by a clown-packed car while hitchhiking. Live out your big-top dreams with this GrouponLive deal to see the Zoppé Circus on the West Lawn at the Chandler Center for the Arts. For $12, you get one ticket for general-admission seating for a weekday show (up to a $22 value) or a weekend show (up to a $24 value). Choose from the following shows:
- Wednesday, December 26, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 27, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 28. Choose between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. performances.
- Saturday, December 29. Choose between noon and 4 p.m. performances.
- Sunday, December 30. Choose between noon and 4 p.m. performances.
- Tuesday, January 1, at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 2, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, January 3, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, January 5. Choose between noon and 4 p.m. performances.<p>
Each show will begin with the performers leading the audience under the big top. Children aged 2 and younger get in free if seated on a parent’s lap, and other children’s tickets are normally $15 for a weekday show and $18 for a weekend show.
Under the big top since 1842, the legendary Zoppé Circus evokes the quintessential circus experience in a one-ring, 500-seat tent surging with showmanship, imagination, and Italian tradition. Lauded by the New York Times for evoking the circuses of picture books, the ballasting Zoppé family of acrobats, animals, clowns, and daredevils engages audiences in a storytelling show, warming eyes and dazzling hearts with sweetness and stunts. Accordions, clarinets, and enthused clapping score the show as Nino the Clown performs pratfalls and trapeze artists scare off bats during the high-flying act. Eschewing modern circus highlights such as lasers and rapping elephants, the Zoppé Circus invites modern families into a Felliniesque experience free of bothersome subtitles.