- $12 for general admission (up to $25 value)
- First Baptist Church of Las Cruces: Saturday, October 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall - University of Texas El Paso: Sunday, October 18, at 2 p.m.
Zuill Bailey, Cello & David Leisner, Guitar in Concert
- How You Know Zuill Bailey and David Leisner: Bailey, a cellist, is the Artistic Director of El Paso Pro-Musica; Leisner is an award-winning guitarist who has premiered works by Philip Glass, Richard Rodney Bennett, Peter Sculthorpe, and more
- What You’ll Hear: selections from their new album, including works by Schubert and some by Leisner himself
- Highlights: the Seven Spanish Songs, also called the Siete Canciones by Spanish composer Manuel De Falla
El Paso Pro-Musica
It's hard to imagine going bigger than Handel's Messiah, but for El Paso Pro-Musica, it was only the beginning. Since its first, Hallelujah-filled concert in 1977, the organization has brought renowned artists from around the world to the El Paso and Las Cruces communities—and, thanks to NPR's live broadcasts of the their annual chamber music festival, to listeners across the country. Current Artistic Director Zuill Bailey calls on his globe-trotting career as a concert cellist and his impressive musical education to lead both the company's artistic arm and its ambitious outreach efforts, which include musical "informances," pre-concert talks, master classes, and a willingness to patiently explain the difference between violins and violas hundreds of times over.