What You'll Get
Despite baseball’s unofficial theme song, peanuts and crackerjacks were replacements for the original, mid-1850s snacks of heavily salted licorice and wooden chewin’ slabs. Keep your family traditions classic, but not too classic, with this deal to see the Glacier Pilots play at Mulcahy Baseball Stadium. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get a fan package for one (a $60 total value), which includes:
- One ticket package (a $50 value)
- Two drink vouchers (a $10 value)
- For $39, you get a fan package for two (a $120 value), which includes:
- Two ticket packages (a $100 value)
- Four drink vouchers (a $20 value)<p>
Each ticket package includes one ticket for general-admission seating to each of the following games:
- Both games of the opening-day double-header against the Anchorage Bucs on Sunday, June 10, at 2 p.m.
- Against the Anchorage Bucs on Saturday, June 16, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Peninsula Oilers on Wednesday, June 20, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Chugiak-Eagle River Chinooks on Saturday, June 23, at 10 p.m.
- Game two of the Mayor’s Cup against the Bucs on Tuesday, July 10, at 7 p.m.
- The all-star game and home-run derby on Sunday, July 22
- Against the Alaska Goldpanners of Fairbanks on Monday, July 30, at 6 p.m.
- Any other game of your choice<p>
General-admission seating grants access to the bleachers on the first- and third-base lines or in the grandstand’s wheelchair-accessible seats behind home plate. Each drink voucher is valid for one drink, including beer, at any point in the season.
As five-time National Baseball Congress champions, the Pilots swoop into their 43rd year in Anchorage when the 2012 season opens with a double-header on June 10. Each summer, some of the top collegiate ballplayers from all corners of the country descend upon the Last Frontier for the Alaska Baseball League, sharpening their skills with two full months of games before heading back to their respective schools to be cryogenically frozen until next season. This season’s schedule features annual traditions, including the Solstice Showdown with the Chinooks on June 23, plus newly established events, such as the second-annual home-run derby on July 22 and July 10’s Mayor Cup, in which the Glacier Pilots and the Anchorage Bucs face off in an intracity showdown.
Inside Mulcahy Baseball Stadium, up to 5,000 Pilots fans pack the park while enjoying drinks from the concession stands and keepsakes from the souvenir shop (not included with this deal). Prior to each contest, players and coaches mingle with their supporters, signing autographs and chatting in-between warm-up stretches and pregame routines, such as kneading and baking home plate from raw pizza dough.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 9, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Must pickup tickets by 6/8/12; last game takes place on 7/30/12. Limit 10/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 5/22 for tickets at box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon upon pickup. Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to Glacier Pilots. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Glacier Pilots' current ticket prices-price may differ on event day. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Anchorage Glacier Pilots
Having adopted the nickname of Alaskan aviation innovator Bob Reeve, the Anchorage Glacier Pilots have had the state's history in their lifeblood since they first took the field in 1969. Over the years, the Pilots' rising collegiate stars have won the National Baseball Congress World Series—held in Wichita, Kansas—five times. Each game, up to 5,300 baseball fans can pack the stands at Mulcahy Stadium, which was built back in 1953 when every American was legally obligated to eat a whole apple pie during the seventh-inning stretch.