A well-written play, like bugging a neighbor’s living room, reveals the inner workings of real-life relationships. Eavesdrop on humanity with today’s GrouponLive deal to see The House Theatre of Chicago perform at the Chopin Theatre. Choose between the following options:
- For $37, you get a season pass for one person (a $75 value), which includes one general-admission ticket to the following shows:
- For $75, you get a season pass for two people (a $150 value), which includes two general admission tickets to the following shows:
- Both options include:
- A $10 discount per person on merchandise at the swag table
- A $5 per-ticket discount for The Nutcracker, running November 3–December 30
- A $5 per-ticket discount when purchasing for friends
- A complimentary commemorative poster
- Early-booking opportunities for all The House Theatre events via a special presale email blast
- Invitations to members-only events throughout the 2011–2012 season
Buyers must reserve their seats prior to each show. Tickets and posters will be mailed to Groupon holders before each performance.
Lauded by the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune, The House Theatre thrills audiences with original tales fueled by spectacles such as sword fights and giant puppets. Today’s deal ushers guests to experience plays drawn from sci-fi stories, adventure epics, and giant pieces of sidewalk chalk. A fresh adaptation of Cyrano de Bergerac will kick off the season with romantic dialogue and poetic cancan dancing. The troupe’s latest production of Death and Harry Houdini showcases a death-defying escape by award-winning illusionist Dennis Watkins, and The Iron Stag King will whip Arthurian legend and Norse folklore into scrumptious icing for The House Theatre’s 10th-birthday cake. Groupon holders can also witness Magic Parlour, a Friday-night magic show wherein Watkins boggles brains by reading minds with a phone book and spelling the word broccoli unassisted.
In addition to winning critical praise, The House Theatre has nabbed 17 Jeff Awards for its writing, acting, and directing talents. Like the legendary ensembles of Steppenwolf and Lookingglass, the company melds artistry and entertainment at intimate venues, letting visitors glimpse each tear, bead of sweat, and spontaneously generated milk mustache.
The House Theatre of Chicago
For more than a decade, House Theatre has devoted itself to creating experiences that emphasize the magic of live theater. First achieving prominence with its supernatural thriller The Sparrow, the outfit has gone on to win 19 Joseph Jefferson Awards and Broadway in Chicago’s Emerging Theater Award. Dedicated to daring storytelling, House Theatre’s productions weave resonant music with mechanical feats of onstage magic to create fully immersive experiences that dazzle audiences and convince actors that they can never go back to the real world or their real families.