According to legend, Babe Ruth pointed his bat toward the sky to let his fans know exactly where the flesh-eating aliens were coming from. See the greats be great with this GrouponLive deal.
$21 for Game Package ($46 Total Value)
- One ticket for mezzanine seating in sections 253–258 (a $21 value)
- Access to batting practice before the game (a $15 value)
- A $10 food credit, automatically loaded into each ticket’s barcode<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday, August 28, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the San Francisco Giants on Wednesday, August 29, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the San Francisco Giants on Thursday, August 30, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Cincinnati Reds on Friday, August 31, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday, September 1, at 6:05 p.m.
- Against the Chicago Cubs on Monday, September 10, at 7:05 p.m.
- Against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday, September 12, at 7:05 p.m.<p>
Groupon customers can enter the park 30 minutes early through the right-field gate to watch the Astros’ batting practice from the vantage of sections 122–134. The $10 credit for the park’s many concessions is automatically loaded into each ticket’s barcode, functioning similarly to a gift card.
When you click “Buy,” you’ll be redirected to the Astros website to complete your transaction. This Groupon applies toward the face value of tickets, but you’ll still need to pay all Astros fees and taxes in full.
The Scouting Report
As the Houston Astros prepare to change orbit and join the American League for the 2013 season, they continue their final countdown in showdowns against the Giants and divisional matchups against Cincinnati and Chicago. A minor-league All-Star in 2011 and an NL All-Star this year, second baseman Jose Altuve has made a dent in the majors in his first full season, batting .305 through 110 games. Like a dog protecting its stash of buried doubloons, pitcher Lucas Harrell is a stalwart presence on the mound, having thrown his first complete game in a shutout against San Diego earlier this season.
During the game on Friday, August 31, which includes a postgame fireworks show, the Astros will don throwback 1980s uniforms. On Saturday, September 1, the first 10,000 fans in attendance receive a Jeff Kent bobblehead commemorating his 2004 game 5 NLCS walk-off home run, when he bobbed his head to the PA’s celebratory music.<p>
Inducted into the National League in 1962, the Houston Astros have since netted six Hall of Fame players and a trip to the World Series. In 2000, the club made its home at Minute Maid Field, a 42,000-capacity stadium replete with red-brick walls, natural grass, and a 242-foot retractable roof. Throughout every game, kids can interact with mascot Junction Jack, a rabbit and train conductor who harkens back to the era when Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish sheepdog, controlled half the Union’s railroads.
Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
501 Crawford St.
Union Station Lobby
Houston, Texas 77002Get Directions