Classical music boosts listeners' brain functions and energy levels, which is why every child should ingest a well-rounded harpsichord each morning. Treat your noggin to a mellifluous meal with this GrouponLive deal.
- $50 for a four-ticket FlexPack to performances by the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra (up to a $160 value). Tickets can be used in any combination of concerts and admission (such as four people at one concert or two people at two concerts).
- When: any concerts of your choice from January 10–June 8, 2014
- Where: various venues
- Section: best available upon redemption by phone
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Click here to view the concert calendar.
Highlights from the 2014 Season
- For an evening featuring renowned violinist Pekka Kuusisto, who The Guardian praises as "[able] to become rather than perform the music he plays," see Pekka Kuusisto Plays Vasks (January 10–12)
- For a juxtaposition between Mozart's elegant Paris symphony and Shostakovich's sprawling, devastating Symphony 14, see Mozart and Shostakovich (January 30–February 2)
- For Vivaldi's immortal tribute to nature's intense fury and dreamy beauty, see Vivaldi's Four Seasons (February 27–March 2)
- For a world premiere by up-and-coming composer and DJ Mason Bates, see Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings (March 6–8)
- For the chance to see the symphony and special guests present the world premiere of a work by Pulitzer-winner Kevin Puts, see SPCO with the Miró Quartet (April 3–5)
- For German wunderkind Veronika Eberle's take on one of the repertoire's most important violin works, see Beethoven's Violin Concerto (May 1–3)
- For Benjamin Britten's rarely staged chamber opera performed by a trio of talented singers, see The Turn of the Screw (May 23–25)
- For two of the most beautiful movements never wrapped into a complete work, see Schubert's Unfinished Symphony (June 6–8)
Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
For more than 50 years, the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra has engaged eardrums with a vast repertoire of classical masterpieces and scores of newly commissioned works—and earned 16 ASCAP awards for its adventurous programming in the process. And their approach to artistic leadership is equally innovative. Each season, a coterie of internationally distinguished partners take up the baton to lead the ensemble in turn. But that emphasis on setting a high creative bar doesn't mean the orchestra is stuffy. They welcome newcomers and seasoned season ticket-holders alike to come to free pre-concert discussions, which bring scholars, guest artists, conductors, and musicians to chat with audiences about the upcoming performance and their favorite mac 'n' cheese recipes.
100% of 16 customers recommend
“We are lucky to have a world class chamber orchestra in the Twin Cities. I bought a Groupon for 4 tickets, then bought a 5th ticket for my under 18 daughter for only...”
“We are lucky to have a world class chamber orchestra in the Twin Cities. I bought a Groupon for 4 tickets, then bought a 5th ticket for my under 18 daughter for only $5! This is normal pricing for the under 18 set, and a great reason to take a young person you love to see this fantastic group play.”
“The concert was OUTSTANDING! I'm looking forward to seeing a performance or many this season. I've lived in the Twin Cities for over 15 years and don't know how...”
“The concert was OUTSTANDING! I'm looking forward to seeing a performance or many this season. I've lived in the Twin Cities for over 15 years and don't know how I've missed this wonderful Orchestra. I'm glad this Groupon deal allowed me the opportunity to go and listen. Now I'm looking for ways to see them that works with my budget. It was a great match all around - venue, cost, talent and the gift of being there. THANK YOU!”
“Musicians did a phenomenal job both concerts that I attended.”