Concerts, like dimly lit chandeliers, are more impressive outdoors and are more enchanting when adorned with strategically placed glow sticks. Light up the night with this GrouponLive deal.
- $20 for two full-weekend passes to The Downtown Block Party: Beginning of Summer Bash in the Entertainment District (up to $33.04 value)
- When: Friday, May 30, and Saturday, May 31, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Where: District Square
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Downtown Block Party: Beginning of Summer Bash
- What you'll see Friday: motorcycles, blues bands JR Clark Band and Out of Favor Band, and indie rock with MODOC, INTL, and the Damn Choir
- A bit about MODOC: recently seen at SXSW, this Nashville trio, which rocks like Queens of the Stone Age, eschews gimmicks in favor of the kind of music a heartbroken Hell's Angel would drink to
- Who INTL are: a quartet of fellow Nashvillians who fill the air with electro-pop/rock and have shared the stage with such indie acts as the Boxer Rebellion and Repeat Repeat
- Where you may have seen The Damn Choir: in Chicago, where their cello-infused rock was described by Gapers Block simply as "Elegance"
- What happens on Saturday: Cowboy—a tribute to Kid Rock—headlines with Detroit rock classics such as "Bawitdaba," "Cowboy," and "Only God Knows Why"
- What happens both nights: DJ Creole takes over District Square at 11 p.m.; people yell "woo!" a lot
Visit website for additional details.
139 S Edwards St
Kalamazoo, MI 49007