A dozen dancers pair with a DJ and electric violinist to put an explosive hip-hop spin on this holiday classic
What You'll Get
- Seating: orchestra, mezzanine, or balcony
- Must purchase G-Passes in the same transaction to sit together.
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
The Hip Hop Nutcracker
- A Holiday Mashup: The Nutcracker is an undeniable holiday classic. But director Jennifer Weber and writer Mike Fitelson recognize that not everyone digs ballet. Their solution? Mix the iconic pieces of the story and Tchaikovsky’s score (with a twist) to explosive hip-hop choreography.
- The Pieces: guest MC and legendary rap artist Kurtis Blow leads a dozen all-star dancers as they spin and flip while a DJ and electric violinist transport the score and story to contemporary New York City. There’s love, holiday spirit, community, and even a little magic.
- What Critics Say: The New York Times calls it “a generous dose of contemporary spirit sure to heat up even the most restless and wintry of souls” while CBS says, “The Hip Hop Nutcracker turns Tchaikovsky on his head, in the coolest possible way.”
The Fine Print