In golf, birdie refers to one stroke under par, whereas eagle refers to the flying carnivores players trained to swipe their opponents’ clubs. Swing through with today’s Groupon to St. Andrews Country Club. Choose from the following options:
- For $39, you get a golf outing for two (up to a $99 total value), which includes the following:
- 18 holes of golf for two with cart rental (a $78 value)
- Two large buckets of range balls (a $7 value each)
- Two drinks (up to a $3.50 value each)<p>
- For $299, you get the Executive Package annual pass (a $962 total value), including:
- 26 nine-hole rounds of golf with cart rental (a $19 value per round)
- 12 18-hole rounds of golf with cart rental (a $39 value per round)
- A sleeve of Wilson golf balls<p>
- For $699, you get the Silver Package annual pass (a $2,028 total value), including:
- 52 18-hole rounds of golf with cart rental (a $39 value per round)
- A Cleveland Golf hat and set of golf balls
- A sleeve of Wilson golf balls<p>
- For $999, you get the Gold Package annual pass (a $4,056 total value), including:
- 104 18-hole rounds of golf with cart rental (a $39 value per round)
- Wilson gloves, hat, and golf balls
Golfers at St. Andrews Country Club zip along 6,629 yards of rolling bermuda-grass fairways in electric carts and test their skills on nine different holes. As they pull up to the head of each fairway, golfing buddies chose from one of five tee boxes—each challenging golfers of a different skill level—before plunking down their spheres and launching them into the grassy yonder like gophers teaching their young to fly. Tree-lined fairways are home to bunkers and water hazards, whose orb-swallowing depths foil efforts to reach the bentgrass putting greens. Large buckets of range balls outfit golfers with plenty of club fodder for use on the club’s chipping and putting practice area or two-tiered, lighted driving range. Amid the satisfying “smack” of connecting swings, players can replenish flagging postgame energy stores with sips from their choice of beer, wine, soda, or Gatorade.
Golfers seeking a long-term course relationship can opt for one of St. Andrews Country Club’s annual passes, each of which offer a hefty number of 9- or 18-hole rounds redeemable throughout the year. In addition to games, each package furnishes players with a sleeve of Wilson golf balls, and upgraded packages up the ante with additional accessories.
St. Andrews Country Club
The 18-hole course at St. Andrews Country Club drapes over 400 acres of countryside, demanding precise ball placement and keen focus as players navigate its two distinct sides. Course superintendent Heath Hammond keeps a meticulous watch over the conditions of the bermuda fairways and bentgrass greens, ensuring they stay not only pleasing to the eye but also lush enough for comfortable celebratory somersaults. Players choose from five separate sets of tees to start their round, rendering the course as long as 6,629 yards from the back tees but enjoyable for golfers of all ability levels. On the front nine, players must exhibit precise control over shots as they wind through the course's residential portion. The game relaxes on the back nine as it winds through open spaces dotted with handsome trees and allows players to unleash power. Before a round or during practice sessions, golfers can hone their strokes on St. Andrews' two-tiered driving range. A chipping green, a sand trap, and a bentgrass putting green round out the practice area's offerings, allowing players to re-create actual course conditions.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Total length of 6,629 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.7 from the back tees
- Course slope of 135 from the back tees
- Five sets of tees per hole
St. Andrew's Country Club Estates
8799 Edinburgh Dr.
Winston, Georgia 30187