Knowing how to sew can come in handy in numerous scenarios, such as patching up a favorite pair of pants or performing an emergency fluffendectomy on a teddy bear. Practice suturing skills with today’s Groupon to Harper’s Fabric and Quilt Company in Overland Park. Choose between the following options:
- For $59, you get a three-class introductory sewing class package (a $120 value) that includes:
- Intro seminar
- Two-session Skirt or Tote Bag class<p>
- For $72, you get a three-class introductory sewing class package (a $120 value) and a sewing kit (a $35 value; a $155 total value) The sewing kit includes:
- 8-inch pair of dressmaker scissors
- Silk pins with glass heads
- Tape measure
- Seam gauge
- Wonder marker
- Large seam ripper
The sewing instructors at Harper’s Fabric and Quilt Company inculcate novice needleworkers into the world of stitching through fun and engaging introductory classes. Students stitch their way through a series of three classes—one seminar followed by two lessons focused on a single project—emerging at the end like a butterfly from a quilted chrysalis. Each introductory seminar lasts 2.5 hours, during which expert seamstresses imbue pupils with the basic techniques needed to complete sewing projects and mend any inconvenient tears in the space-time continuum. Next, tailors-in-training sign up for two project classes and channel their newfound skills into constructing either a tote bag or a skirt.
During each session, instructors provide sewing machines and students are responsible for bringing their own fabric and sewing supplies. Students can also opt to receive a fully stocked arsenal of stitching equipment, allowing them to leave their silkworm farm at home.
7918 Santa Fe Dr.
Overland Park, Kansas 66204