All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Like breaking into a dance sequence during a boxing match, playing golf depends on a good swing and strong foot position. Work on the choreography of your aim with today’s Groupon for private golf lessons and equipment analysis with PGA Instructor Alex Macko. Choose from the following options:
- For $40, you get a half-hour private lesson (a $40 value). The lesson includes the following (an $89 total value):
- One bucket of balls (a $9 value)
- One equipment analysis with PGA Instructor Alex Macko at Jawor’s Golf Center in Roseville (a $40 value).
- For $90, you get three half-hour private lessons (a $120 value). The lessons include the following (a $187 total value):
- Three buckets of balls (a $9 value each)
- One equipment analysis with PGA Instructor Alex Macko at Jawor’s Golf Center in Roseville (a $40 value)
- For $95, you get a nine-hole playing lesson (a $150 value). The lesson includes the following (up to a $206 total value):
- Club admission and cart rental for yourself and PGA Instructor Alex Macko at St. Clair Shores Country Club (up to a $28 value each)
During half-hour private lessons, club swingers join PGA Instructor Alex Macko as he imparts the secrets of how best to send dimpled spheres skyward or gently urge them across putting greens. Pupils choose their lesson’s individualized focus, including driving, chipping, putting, or wresting clubs from the hands of water-dwelling gollums. During a careful equipment evaluation, Macko inspects clubs, helping golfers discover which fit their build and will aid their golf game. Students should bring their own clubs for lessons, and are recommended to sleep with them at night to form empathetic, score-improving bonds. Lessons can be held indoors in the case of inclement weather.
Alternatively, Macko coaches students out on the links during an instructive nine holes at the par 35 St. Clair Shores Country Club. Master and apprentice zip between holes in a cart, discussing how to best deal with the water hazards at holes four and five and how to approach the challenging par 5 eighth hole. Like a 4-year-old explaining why red is friendly, the course takes just over two hours.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 19, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. Classes are non-transferable. May redeem across visits. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Jawor's Golf Center
PGA pros Alex Macko and Alex "Breezy" Koskos propagate sound pin-hunting form from their post at Jawor's Golf Center, which fosters year-round practice with indoor and outdoor training areas. The duo can demystify the subtle mechanics of the golf swing at the center's 44-tee driving range, which features 14 covered, heated stalls that enable practice sessions during inclement weather. With clubs and apparel from brands such as Callaway, TaylorMade, and Titleist, the full-service pro shop offers equipment upgrades as well as repair services for club shafts snapped by players who mistakenly teed up a bocce ball. Two outdoor, 18-hole mini-golf courses buttress the facility, inviting players to work on their putting form as life-size cartoon characters break the tension after a missed gimme or a dispute about whether or not an abandoned shoe is an acceptable ball marker.