Like a tree house, a gym never lets non-members inside and always deflects frogs fired from the neighborhood bully’s slingshot. Hurry up the rope ladder with today's Groupon for a one-month gym membership at the Jewish Community Center. Choose to visit either of its two locations—at Creve Coeur or in Chesterfield. Choose from the following membership options:
- $30 for an individual membership (a $69 value)
- $44 for a couple membership (a $99 value)
- $48 for a family membership (a $109 value), which covers two parents and any of their children under the age of 21
The Jewish Community Center, or the “J,” is a local pillar and a sleek, ultramodern fitness environment that’s been serving the community in some form or fashion since the 19th century. People from every faith, ethnicity, and walk of life are welcome at the J’s two locations, which offer many fitness options. One month of membership includes access to all of the gym’s facilities, including two brand-new outdoor pools that feature slides, a tree swing, an aqua climb wall, diving boards, lap swimming, and zero-depth areas perfectly sized for toddlers and WWF wrestling buddies (check online for amenities and features of each individual pool). All group exercise classes are also included, with more than 250 taught each week, encompassing such choices as turbo kickboxing, aqua burn and firm, tap dancing, mat Pilates, Zumba, Tai Chi, and many more.
Flexible class and pool schedules make achieving fitness goals possible for busy bees, swamped swans, and world-weary whitehead Alaskan marmots alike, while trained and helpful instructors foster a friendly environment that encourages many returns.
Only valid for non-members.
- The staff truly cares about the patrons and they build strong relationships with all members, guests, and visitors. – Robert S., CityVoter
- Clean, bright, spacious, everything works, terrific staff (friendly, thorough, happy) at every level, spectacular array of facilities and equipment, like no place else I've worked out or played. – Michael G., CityVoter
- Wonderful - everything you could wish for. – One mom on 8/4/2006, lilaguide