All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $16 for Beer Tasting for Two: 2 Four-pour 4-Oz Flights, 2 Souvenir Pint Glasses, and 6 Pack Bottles ($28 value)
- $32 for Beer Tasting for Four: 4 Four-pour 4-Oz Flights, 4 Souvenir Pint Glasses, and two 6 Pack Bottles ($56 value)
- $20 for Tasting for Two: 1 Four-pour 4-Oz Flight, 2 Beer Pints, 1 Souvenir Pint Glass, and 1 T-shirt ($34 value)
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 21 or older. 6 Pack of bottles are take-home only and valid only for Elemental Pilsner or Thunderweizen Ale. Tastings not valid for wood aged beers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lightning Brewery
Lightning Brewery head brewer Jim Crute first developed an interest in beer where many people do: in college. But as a student of biochemistry, he viewed beer through a different lens than many others his age. He began brewing his own batches in 1982 and maintained it as a hobby until 2005, when San Diego's burgeoning craft-beer movement exploded. An opportunity too tempting to pass up, Lightning Brewery was born.
Today, Jim and his team fuse science with premium ingredients from Europe, England, and the U.S. to churn out their award-winning beers. Lightning beers are now on tap in hundreds of local restaurants and stores, and a few have even garnered national acclaim, including the popular Thunderweizen Ale:
Thunderweizen Ale (ABV: 5.8%)
- First released: September 2006
- Food pairings: lighter fare, such as clams, mussels, and salads
- Awards: It won gold two years in a row at the California State Fair Commercial Craft Beer Competition with strong marks for being the best hefeweizen brewed in California
- Press: The New York Times included it on its list of 10 featured Hefeweizens in the United States in 2012