Without frequent exposure to art, viewers may struggle to discern whether they're looking at an impressionist masterpiece or out a heavily smudged window. Start your eye-training with today's Groupon to Loyola University Museum of Art. Choose between the following options:
For $29, you get a Gold membership (a $141 value). The Gold package includes the following:
- An unlimited individual membership for one adult, admission to members' events and previews, and a newsletter (a $50 value)
- A $75 Zipcar credit
- Two museum guest passes (a $16 value)
- A 15% off discount at the museum gift shop
For $49, you get a Platinum membership (a $255 value). The Platinum package includes the following:
- An unlimited family membership for two adults, admission to members' events and previews, and a newsletter (a $100 value)
- A $75 Zipcar credit
- Two guest passes to a choice of an exhibition opening reception (a $30 value)
- A docent-led private tour of the museum's Martin D'Arcy collection (a $50 value).
- A 25% off discount at the museum gift shop
Loyola University Museum of Art documents a history of art and artistic expression throughout the ten exhibition galleries plotted within the 25,000-square-foot 1926 Gothic Revival building. Three or four visiting exhibitions house rotating displays of cultural faiths, with current showcases including the moving photographs of Pathways to Stable Housing (through January 15) and the illuminated pages of Inscribing the Divine: The Saint John’s Bible (through October 23). Stroll through the permanent collections' distinct assemblages, drinking in the Martin D'Arcy Collection's notable reserve of three-dimensional artifacts from medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque eras. Guests also explore discounted musical and other fine-arts events as well as complimentary access to exhibition openings including the afterlife-themed Heaven+Hell (open February 10–June 30, 2012). Gift-shop discounts send visitors home with artsy memorabilia, and $75 Zipcar credits help them fill parking lots with skidmark recreations of Rembrandt’s The Night Watch.
Near North Side
820 N Michigan Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611