See the magnificent sight of the Island in a Hughes 500 D model helicopter, the same which was used on the Magnum P.I. TV series
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- 50-minute Doors Off Adventure Tour with Skies of Oahu souvenir book or DVD for one
- Doors Off Adventure Tour with Skies of Oahu souvenir book or DVD for two
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. 300 lbs. max weight. Reservation required, 48 hour advance notice required. 48-hour cancellation notice required. Credit card required at booking. Subject to weather. Passengers over 250 lbs will be subject to a fee. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Subject to availability. Must use promotional value in 1 visit(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Magnum Helicopters
If you remember one thing from the hit 1980s action series Magnum, P.I., it's Tom Selleck's well-groomed mustache. If you remember a second thing, it's probably the sweet helicopter that Magnum often commandeers for cases around his Hawaiian home base. With its iconic orange, yellow, and brown livery, the show's chopper became one of the iconic TV vehicles of the '80s. At Magnum Helicopters, passengers can recreate the show's picturesque flights on an exact replica of the famed whirlybird.
- The Helicopter: The company's Hughes 500 helicopter may look like the very same vehicle seen on the show, but it's actually even better. Magnum Helicopters' chopper boasts upgrades including a souped-up engine, a T-tail and five-blade main rotor for reduced vibration.
- The Experience: Your 50-minute adventure tour takes you on a sky-high sightseeing trek to some of Oahu's most iconic landmarks. After taking off from Honolulu Harbor, you'll wing your way past everything from Waikiki Beach and Hanauma Bay to the Dole Pineapple Plantation and Pearl Harbor. Along the way, you'll also catch glimpses of filming locations for famous movies and TV series, including Gilligan's Island, Jurassic Park, and, yes, Magnum, P.I. This is more of an adventure ride than a tour, a sensory rush with the wind in your hair. Guests fly in the same helicopter used in the Magnum P.I. television series. The tour route is the same as the Hidden Oahu tour. Every seat has an excellent view. This is the preferred method of flying for serious photographers as you don’t have to shoot through Plexiglas.
- Adventurers Only: Be advised: Magnum Helicopters' tours run with the helicopter in a doors-off configuration so as to ensure thrilling views and obstruction-free photo opportunity.