Raw fish, like snowballs, must be rolled with care before being thrown at a school superintendent for refusing to call a snow day. Enjoy well-crafted, conveniently projectile edibles with today’s Groupon to Maki Fresh. Choose from the following options:
- For $14, you get a sushi meal for two (up to a $29.75 total value), which includes:
- Two maki rolls (up to a $13.90 value)
- One signature roll (up to a $11.95 value)
- Two fountain drinks (a $3.90 value)<p>
- For $29, you get a catered maki tray with your choice of ten maki rolls (a $59.95 value)<p>
- For $65, you get a private dining experience for eight or more (up to a $153.80 total value), which includes:
- Eight maki rolls (up to a $79.60 value)
- Eight sides (up to a $31.60 value)
- Eight desserts (up to a $14.80 value)
- Four glasses of sake (up to a $27.80 value)
At Maki Fresh, the rice rollers plate both classic and innovative sushi dishes, adorning chopsticks with handcrafted meals gobbled beneath spring-green murals in a casual, counter-service environment. Chefs fold fresh fish into diners’ choice of white- or brown-rice tubes and will even use soy paper, which is available upon request or with the secret hand signal. The inventive Crunch Crunch roll combines panko shrimp with avocado, cucumber, and a spicy sauce, and the Samurai roll’s ahi tuna traverses a field of asparagus dotted with cucumber trees and avocado clouds. Maki signature rolls include the spicy-crab Kyoto and the Jinsei Special with ahi tuna. Crispy tempura green beans, shishito peppers, and miso soup write savory side plots to main courses, and house-baked chocolate-chip cookies with green-tea icing compose a sweet ending.
Those hosting catered soirees create a custom sushi tray by choosing 10 maki varieties. Alternatively, hosts can leave the snack curation to the pros and opt for the sushi sampler, which features 80 pieces of chef-selected maki served on an embroidered throw pillow. Gluten-free options are available.
True to its name, Maki Fresh crafts all of their dishes—from traditional sushi to their unique maki sliders—the moment guests place their order. Beyond classic sushi rolls, the menu features sashimi-grade fish arranged into unorthodox dishes. For example, a hibachi bowl comes with carrots, cucumbers, and spicy sauce atop filet, and burgers surprise taste buds with the interplay of pickles, maki spicy sauce, and tempura onion rings. Maki's chefs ramp up production for catering services, and host private parties of up to 30 people in the Atlanta location's private dining room.
2349 Peachtree Rd. NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30305