|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
In today’s fast-paced world, most people scoff at the idea of taking tennis lessons. These tennis-naysayers believe the skill does little to make one’s busy routine more efficient. This common misconception completely ignores how useful tennis techniques are in our daily lives:
- A forehand smash is identical to the motion used to shuck corn.
- The overhand volley excellently prepares one to attack an intruder with a scythe.
- The backhand is a great maneuver for initiating duels with dainty pistol-carrying southern gentlemen.
If you want to learn important fundamentals that apply to the real world (and the game of tennis), keep reading about a great deal for lessons with Midtown Athletic Club.
Today’s Groupon teaches you to swat yellow balls like a pro for $65 at Midtown Athletic Club at Windy Hill (a $115 value). Over the course of six tennis classes in Midtown’s “Tennis in No Time” program, expert instructors whack your swing into shape. Don’t have a racquet? Midtown will lend you one. Though it’s unlikely you’ll develop tennis elbow, it’s quite probable that you’ll find a future doubles partner while you’re rubbing elbows at one of Midtown’s tennis mixers.
In addition to tennis, you can splash laps in one of Midtown’s pools too. Today’s Groupon also gets you three-week access to the club (located at 135 Interstate N. Parkway NW). Midtown has everything you need to tone up and play: cardiovascular equipment (with individual LCD flat screens), extensive strength-training circuits, yoga, a full array of free weights, squash and racquetball courts, and a climbing wall.
Lessons start on August 1 with a variety of class times—call Midtown Athletic Club at Windy Hill after getting your Groupon to reserve the class time of your choice. Click here to view the schedule and for more information.
- I began playing tennis here; and in an effort to dramatically improve my tennis game, I started personal training. Now with a personal trainer and a tennis coach working together to improve the weaknesses in my game and tailor my fitness program to work specific areas, my game continues to improve exponentially… I could not offer a higher recommendation than the team at this club! – tgb30004, Insider Pages
- If you are seriously into health and fitness, this facility is hard to beat. – Michael W., Insider Pages
- For those looking for an incredible gym experience that goes beyond the norm, this is it. – Taryn P., Yelp
135 Interstate N Pkwy Se
Atlanta, Georgia 30339Get Directions