What You'll Get
With more than 450 interactive displays that explain science and demystify the world, New York Hall of Science offers permanent and seasonal featured art and science exhibits that capture the imagination of all ages.
Bionic Me, a featured exhibit running through May 5, is a hands-on, full-body experience that focuses on how recent breakthroughs in bionics can enhance the human experience, and features:
- Bionic Eye: Guests can see the world through an eye simulation.
- Camouflage: Using a green screen, guests can discover how technology can make them invisible.
- Ethics Quiz: A quiz during which guests use their eye movements to pick answers.
- Exoskeleton: Guests can control an avatar, using an exoskeleton, which simulates enhanced strength.
- Jet Pack: A VR experience of flying over the city.
- Mind Control: Guests use a brain-computer interface to compete with each other, moving a ball with their minds.
- Motion Control: Guests control a robot arm by gesturing with their own hand.
- Race Against a Paralympian: Guests race against a simulation of a participant with prosthetic limbs with abilities which can surpass natural ones.
Wind Tunnel: Guests get to test various accessories in a wind tunnel.
- Free admission for children under 2.
- Click here to view the schedule.
- Onsite cafeteria: yes
- Transportation: parking available for $12.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid on March 30 and 31, April 19-28, May 27, July 4, and September 21 and 22. Younger than 18 must be accompanied by guardian. Anyone 2 years or older requires a ticket. No cash value. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Subject to availability. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About New York Hall of Science
Originally built for the 1964 World's Fair to showcase technological advancements, the New York Hall of Science has since transformed into an interactive museum and leading innovator in exhibit technology and educational programming that, since 1986, has seen more than 7 million visitors. Today, more than 450 interactive exhibits, along with 3D movies and live daily demonstrations, invite visitors of all ages to explore the world by watching living microbes thrive and evolve in a miniscule zoo, discovering the powerful mathematics hidden in everyday objects, and testing their understanding of physics in the science playground, along with the mini-golf course inspired by the cosmos. One of the featured programs, Design Lab, consists of five visually and thematically distinct activity areas that evoke a sense of childlike playfulness and imagination. The activities encourage visitors to be creative while experimenting with structures, circuits, and simple materials. The youngest visitors can also enjoy a developmentally-appropriate science education of their own in Preschool Place.