Choose from Four Options
- $49 for a 1-week weight loss package with four metabolism-boosting lipo plus injections ($472 value)
- $99 for a 2-week weight loss package with eight metabolism-boosting lipo plus injections ($694 value)
- $249 for a 6-week weight loss package with twelve metabolistm-boosting lipo plus injections ($1,238 value)
- $389 for a 10-week weight loss package with 16 metabolism-boosting lipo plus injections ($1,973 value)
All packages include the following:
- Consultation and initial exam with custom program
- Appetite suppressants for the length of the program
- Weekly nutrition counseling sessions
- Supply of alkaline energizing water for up to 30 days
- Whole-body vibration session administered twice per week
Metabolism: Balancing the Body’s Ledger
Running burns calories, but adding muscle can help you burn calories even while sitting still. Learn why with Groupon’s guide to the metabolism.
To avoid gaining extra fat deposits, we must use all the calories that we ingest. The speed at which energy is burned while at rest is called the Basal Metabolic Rate, or BMR, and it’s affected by a person’s age, sex, and proportion of muscle to fat. The older a person is, the lower their BMR typically is; men generally have a higher BMR than women; and the body burns more calories to maintain muscle than fat. (After all, it would be a rather poor design if the body had to use a great deal of energy just to maintain its energy reserves.) Our BMR adjusts according to our lifestyle, slowing down when food is scarce and speeding up when we have to eat our way out of the wreckage of a popcorn-factory explosion. This is why eating five smaller meals throughout the day can help people lose weight, whereas starvation diets often result in little to no weight loss.