Choose Between Two Options
- $99 for five 40-minute group swim classes for children ($200 value)
- $99 for five one-hour group swim classes for adults ($250 value)
- Click here for the class schedules
Both the children and adult classes are part of an 11-week program. The Groupon covers 5 of the 11 classes.
With pools spread across more than a dozen locations in New York and New Jersey, Physique Swimming has taught countless adults and kids how to feel confident in the water. Here are a few other ways the schools distinguish themselves:
- Every instructor is Red Cross–certified. Physique's founder, who spent 25 years as a swim coach himself, requires that each of his instructors is certified in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR.
- Instructors promote a positive atmosphere. They counsel parents on how to help their children feel good about swimming, including teaching parents to never show disappointment if their child isn't mastering a skill right away. They also teach parents not to compare their child to another kid or a mermaid. And when kids finish a swimming level, instructors give them a certificate of completion to remind them that they can achieve their goals.
- They use yoga to teach swimming. In addition to traditional swim classes, Physique offers a water yoga workshop that blends swim lessons with yoga to teach the importance of breath control.