All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Indoor climbing
Per person, each one-week package includes:
- One-week climbing access
- Beginner belay lesson, including gear
- Unlimited equipment rentals during the week
Per person, each one-month package includes:
- One-month climbing access
- Belay lesson, including gear
- Unlimited equipment rentals during the month
- Waived initiation fee if you enroll as a regular member before your voucher expires
Indoor Rock Climing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 1, 2019. Amount paid never expires. 2 person deal only valid for 2 separate individuals. Each person's week/month must begin on the same day. Reservations required for First-Time Climb/Intro to Climbing/ Belay Lesson. If user is under 14 years old, Belay lesson can be used by accompanying adult to belay for the child. Deal is not valid for any individual that has already participated in this deal, regardless of whether or not they are the purchaser. Bay Area coupon redeemable at San Francisco or Belmont. Not valid at Sunnyvale location. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Voucher is non-transferable. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Planet Granite
When the climbers of Planet Granite say that community anchors everything they do, they have a history of outreach to back it up. After Castle Rock State Park appeared on California’s closure list, Planet Granite’s team quickly organized a fundraiser to save the sanctuary. They pledged $10,000 in matching funds, threw an auction, scheduled guest speakers, and obtained support from companies such as REI. In one night, they raised $20,725.
This kind of response has typified Planet Granite’s team since opening its first facility in 1994. One of the first climbing gyms in the country, Planet Granite has expanded with gyms in Portland, Belmont, San Francisco, and Sunnyvale.
The diverse array of climbing resources at each location led Climbing Magazine to name the gym conglomerate one of the best 10 gyms in the country in 2016.
In keeping with their commitment to community, the staff tailors instruction and climbing routes to every ability level. They also supervise each gym's fully equipped fitness centers, including yoga, which provide a peaceful counterbalance to the full-body workout of rock climbing.