Today, tennis is usually played on grass or clay, but in medieval times, court options included hot coals and rows of prostrate criminals convicted of double faulting. Hold court with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $39 for four 60-minute semi-private tennis lessons (a $99 value)
- $49 for six 60-minute semi-private tennis lessons (a $149 value)
University City classes take place at the following times:
- Sundays, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., and 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Mission Beach classes take place on the following days:
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, and 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Rancho Bernardo classes take place on the following days:
- Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Vista classes take place on the following days:
- Sundays, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
San Diego classes take place on the following days:
- Saturdays, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Players can participate in lessons for adults or juniors. The instructor keeps players energized with fresh fruit and beverages.
play tennis! California
Ranked 138 in the world, Fred Dewitte, play tennis! California’s head instructor, brings his NCAA Division I playing experience to every lesson he teaches for adult and junior students. Fred tailors lessons to the individual player’s skill level and ultimate goals, be it an improvement of stroke mechanics, physical fitness, or more thorough enjoyment of the game. He believes that lessons should be fun for children, and that classes should provide an athletic experience and allow students to lose oneself in the sport during each lesson. Fluent in Japanese, English, and French, Fred can help native speakers of all three languages improve their arguments with line judges and translate opponents' grunts.
68% of 77 customers recommend
“The classes have been excellent and I plan to continue with them.”