Michelin-reviewed Ethiopian restaurant serving a variety of meat and vegetarian classics on Injera bread.
About This Deal
How to use this deal:
- Buy this deal and link it to an eligible credit card.
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card.
- Get up to $31 cash back on your first purchase and 10% cash back on additional purchases.
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days.
- Amount paid is an unlock fee to access this deal and is non-refundable
- Cash back is calculated on total bill before tip
- Deal valid for 100% cash back (up to $31) on the first purchase
- 10% cash back for each additional purchase, including after the deal is re-claimed
- Limited to 1 transaction per visit
- Deal expires 90 days after purchase on Groupon
- Cash back is awarded in the form of statement credits
- Online orders placed through third-parties are not eligible for cash back
- Most cards are eligible for cash back. See FAQ for details
- For debit cards, select ''credit'' when you pay. Not all debit purchases may qualify for cash back
- Deal can be used multiple times until it expires
- Deal is subject to Groupon+ Deals Terms
- Enrollment in Groupon+ required. Eligible card will be linked to all Groupon+ participating merchants
About Ras Dashen Ethiopian Restaurant
Growing up in the shadow of Ras Dashen—Ethiopia's tallest mountain—Zenash Beyene spent her childhood grinding teff and coffee, preparing wats, and learning the best ways to use her mother's collection of spices. By aged 10, Zenash was adeptly cooking family feasts. In the years since, she left her family's kitchen to open Ras Dashen Ethiopian Restaurant, where she works as the chef.
From the Press
- Named one of the top five Ethiopian restaurants in Chicago by WBEZ
- "We’ve enjoyed the stewlike meats at other Ethiopian restaurants, but here grilled meats stand out: lamb seared to scrumptious caramelization, fish crusted with light coconutty char, and beef dressed with piquant berbere sauce." — Chicago Reader
- "To get the real Ethiopian experience, though, you want something that says 'berbere' in the description. Ras Dashen's take on the traditional chili, ginger, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, fenugreek, et al. spice mix is warm, aromatic, rich, and spicy, and could make cardboard taste amazing." — Serious Eats
Skip the Silverware
Fingers work better than forks at Ras Dashen Ethiopian Restaurant. Instead of utensils, tables receive sides of injera: spongy flatbread made from teff, an Ethiopian cereal grass. Diners tear off small pieces of injera and dip them in stewed meats and vegetables heaped atop communal platters. The flatbread's natural tang complements the bold spice of dishes such as chicken and egg simmered in berbere sauce and pan-seared tilapia with ginger and black pepper.