Photography distills the 3D world into a glossy 2D plane, so that it can be slipped easily into a wallet, picture frame, or coworker's tuna sandwich. Preserve a flavorful moment with today's deal: for $50, you get a three-hour introduction to digital photography workshop (a $120 value) at Test of Time Photography in Nashua.
Test of Time owner Dan Splaine has more than 25 years of experience as a professional photographer, amassing a portfolio of poignant wedding snapshots, elegant family portraits, and classy business head shots. For a decade, he's imbued his memory-capturing know-how to novitiate shutterbugs, slowly training an army of technically proficient photo-takers to fight the oncoming contagion of red-eyed, brain-eating party photos. The three-hour introductory session is geared toward adults looking to get up to speed on their digital cameras, teaching them the unique qualities of their film-free cybernetic toys with a printed class guide, conversation-based teaching style, and a set of postclass exercises so that they can continue their education independently. Students should bring their point-and-shoot or DSLR device and its accompanying instruction guide, as well as their most photogenic sombrero. More classes will be scheduled as necessary, but initial sessions are scheduled on the following days:
- Saturday, January 22, at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 26, at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 12, at 11 a.m.
Although reviews are still growing for Test of Time Photography, clients rave about the classes in online testimonials:
- Great workshop for my level of experience. I particularly liked having both "classroom" instruction followed by hands-on practice. Dan was willing to help anyone who asked. As always, a nice group of people, too! – Corinne C.
- It was informative. It showed me how much I really do know about my camera. – Brenda Jacobs