Haunted houses are the only places where you can see a skeleton without first tugging it out of someone’s body while that person is sleeping. Jump out of your skin with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $9 for admission for one to The Slaughter House (an $18 value)
- $7.50 for admission for one to Psycho Asylum (a $15 value)
- $18 for admission for two to The Slaughter House (a $36 value)
- $15 for admission for two to Psycho Asylum (a $30 value)
- $36 for admission for four to The Slaughter House (a $72 value)
- $30 for admission for four to Psycho Asylum (a $60 value)
All options are only valid Sunday–Thursday.
Psycho Asylum and Slaughterhouse
In San Antonio, Texas, East Houston Street is a hotbed of paranormal activity. It's the site of two horrifying events that occurred in the '70s within the same building, and their location is now known as the Psycho Asylum and the Slaughterhouse.
The Psycho Asylum, formerly the River City Asylum, housed criminally insane and sick patients in the late '70s, but it didn't earn its nickname until December 1, 1978. On this fateful night, it was reported that eight of the most dangerous patients had escaped. Some were found hiding, some found dead, but three were never found at all. It's rumored that they still roam the halls, whether it's in spirit or human form is yet to be determined.
Within the same building is the Slaughterhouse. In 1974, legend has it that a gruesome murder was committed by one of its most dedicated employees, Homer Friesenhaun. Overworked and in the midst of a mental breakdown, he brutally butchered his niece and nephew when they came to visit him. He was then sent to the Psycho Asylum, but his ghost returned to the slaughter house—or maybe he's one of the three patients who escaped and was never found.