What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $25 for a Southern dinner for two with one shared snack and two entrees ($66 value)
- $49 for a Southern dinner for four with two shared snacks and four entrees ($132 value)
- $20 for Saturday or Sunday brunch for two with two brunch entrees and two mimosas or bloody marys ($48 value)
See the full dinner menu.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation suggested; subject to availability. Not valid for dinner on Saturdays. Not valid on major holidays. Not valid with other offers or in-house promotions. Dine-in only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Southern
Filled with the scents of fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits, the dining room of The Southern can make even the most homesick of southerners feel at peace. The Zagat-rated eatery turns out what the Chicago Reader describes as "slightly refined Dixie-inspired fare."
Chef Justin Stadler creates a traditional mornay sauce with a blend of fontina, gruyere and white cheddar cheeses for The Southern's macaroni and cheese, making it even more unique by topping it with brown butter solids. You'll also find a locally-sourced Slagel Farm bone-in chop to satisfy large appetites. The beverage program follows in a similar vein, offering creative riffs on southern classics.
Tips for Visiting:
- Check out the brunch. The Southern isn't only a dinner destination—daytime offerings include treats such as the French toast with brown-butter pears.
- Savor the detailed decor. The rustic-chic dining room features reclaimed-wood accents, and the rooftop deck is outfitted with cabanas, which led to CBS Chicago naming it one of the best sky-facing bars in the city.