Choose from Three Options
- $39 for a Southern dinner for two with one shared snack and two entrees (up to a $66 value)
- $70 for a Southern dinner for four with two shared snacks and four entrees (up to a $132 value)
- $28 for weekend brunch for two with two brunch entrees and two mimosas or bloody marys (up to a $48 value)
See the full dinner menu.
Filled with the scents of fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits, the dining room of The Southern can make even the most homesick of southerners feel at peace. The Zagat-rated eatery turns out what the Chicago Reader describes as "slightly refined Dixie-inspired fare."
Chef Justin Stadler creates a traditional mornay sauce with a blend of fontina, gruyere and white cheddar cheeses for The Southern's macaroni and cheese, making it even more unique by topping it with brown butter solids. You'll also find a locally-sourced Slagel Farm bone-in chop to satisfy large appetites. The beverage program follows in a similar vein, offering creative riffs on southern classics.
Tips for Visiting:
- Check out the brunch. The Southern isn't only a dinner destination—daytime offerings include treats such as the French toast with brown-butter pears.
- Savor the detailed decor. The rustic-chic dining room features reclaimed-wood accents, and the rooftop deck is outfitted with cabanas, which led to CBS Chicago naming it one of the best sky-facing bars in the city.